The world we live in today is rapidly changing and that’s why you need fresh and new venue promotion ideas that will still work in 2021.
The world has never been more connected and its much easier to reach people across the globe. However, this also means competition has never been more fierce.
There are lots of great venues and now more than ever it is important to effectively promote your venue and connect with customers. In this post, we’ll be looking at some venue promotion ideas that still working in 2021 (and beyond)
Let’s start, shall we?
1. Social Media is Still 🔥🔥
Social Media has become a major way in how we communicate and connect with other people and share experiences. Since customers are now on social media, it’s a great venue promotion idea for 2021.
Build a community, develop relationships and create engaging content, get people to start talking about your venue. A great place to start is by listing your goals and understanding how social media can help achieve them. Another great trick is to create a hashtag for each event and to tie it back to your venue. It’s free advertising whenever someone shares the hashtag.
According to this hashtag finding tool, the most popular hashtags for venues are:
- #event planner
Here are some tips to help with your social media promotion:
- Clearly identify your goals and how social media can help achieve these
- Identify your target audience
- Evaluate which social media channels would best serve your venue
- Develop relationships
- Visual storytelling
- Don’t forget to analyse data
There are many great social media channels that will benefit your venue. Facebook is perhaps the most important one for marketers with 1.82 billion daily active users. Make sure you generate engagement with likes and comments, and use Facebook’s targeted advertising. Facebook Live is a great tool to increase your organic reach.
Next up, Twitter!
Twitter has 350 million users and 500 million tweets posted per day, which makes it a great platform to share quick updates everyday or even multiple times a day. Twitter is great for sharing industry news. A creative way you can use Twitter at events is by having Twitter Live and encourage event attendees to engage.
Here’s another one - Pinterest.
Pinterest is great if you have a lot of photos. Here you can showcase your venue’s versatility.
For example for corporate and association events or your venue during the day versus the night.
Talking about channels - let’s talk about your website
2. Make sure your website is user friendly to benefit from online search
Your venue website can help attract new customers and its a great outlet to showcase your venue’s features.
But first, you need to be found online.
Instead of just hoping that you will rank, there are a few marketing tips you can follow to benefit from increased ranking.
For example, instead of adding loads of keywords to your site, follow the latest Local SEO Best Practices.
In addition, it’s important to:
- Ask your visitors about what they like on your page or what information they’re after. You can use tools like HotJar for this
- Speed up your website. If you’re on Wordpress, here are some website performance tips
- Provide In-Depth Information about the venues, meeting spaces and locations you offer
- Answer questions, for example you can have a FAQ section on your website curating some of the most important questions meeting planners always ask you during site visits.
In the future, we’ll be writing some in-depth guides on SEO for venue pages.
3. Invest in organic SEO (Search is here to stay)
If you want to get traffic to your website take the time out to understand and invest in SEO. You want to make sure that you’re towards the top of the search engine results page.
Instead competing for search terms such as ‘event venues in London,’ try to be a bit more creative. Think about how other’s describe your venue, what might your customers be searching for. Some examples could be
- Rooftop venue hire
- Cheap event venues in London
- Hipster event venue in Manchester
4. Use Influencers as a cost effective channel to promote your venue
Online influencers with a large following is a great way to gain a competitive edge, which makes it a fantastic venue promotion idea for 2021.
Since influencers have a massive following its easier and more cost effective to get in front of people’s eyes. Moreover, since their followers trust them, it can be a quick and easy way to market to a large audience.
To get started on influencer marketing consider the following
- Choose your influence. There are few ways you can do this. A simple google search, social media research, reading their blogs or if you’re looking for a celebrity influencer then you will have to go through a talent agency
- To begin your influencer marketing strategy, start with your campaign goals. Make sure to identify SMART goals
- define your audience
- Set your budget and choose your influencer type. This could be a micro influencer, social media influencer, blogger or a celebrity influencer
- Don’t forget to review your influencer’s work
- Finally with your marketing team develop your campaign message.
If you want to overtake your competitors influencer marketing can help.
5. Word of mouth is here to stay
All the ideas mentioned previously will definitely help promote your venue. However, word of mouth can also be an effective venue promotion idea for 2021.
The best way to connect with consumers and develop a lasting relationship is in person. If you can get the right people to talk about your venue and share it with their friends, who will then share it with their friends word about your venue, will start to trickle down.
It’s that simple.
These venue promotion ideas for 2021 could significantly help attract more clients and customers. Though all these ideas may not fit your goals and overall marketing strategy, this is a useful guide to perhaps spark some creativity or improve or try out different promotion ideas.
Meetingselect can also help promote your venue, with more than 10,000 meeting planners visiting our site each month and with various marketing packages.
If you are not yet affiliated with Meetingselect, join us immediately ! It is free